Fuse #41 keeps blowing need some help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse #41 keeps blowing need some help

MossyOak50

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac
I have a 02 sport trac that is 5.0 swapped. Had no issues at all with the truck running. All of a sudden fuse 41 in the battery junction box blew. I changed out a bad o2 sensor that the wires were exposed on thinking that was my issue. Started the vehicle up put in drive and it does t want to go almost like it’s in limp mode. Checked the fuse again and it’s blown.

This fuse has the o2 sensors, evap canister vent valve and transmission on the circuit. I pulled all the connectors on the o2 sensors and evap canister valve. Put a new fuse in a it blows the fuse again. A check engine light came on giving me codes:
P1747- transmission pressure control short circuit
P0755-shift solenoid b malfunction
P0743-torque converter clutch circuit
P1451-evap system canister vent valve solenoid circuit
P0135-obd2 code diagnosis 02sensor bank1 sensor1
P0155-02 sensor heating element failure bank2 sensor1

Has anyone ever ran into this that knows what the issue is? And would the transmission codes blow this fuse? I looked over the wiring for the transmission don’t see any visible damage.

thanks in advance for any help

I have a 02 sport trac that is 5.0 swapped. Had no issues at all with the truck running. All of a sudden fuse 41 in the battery junction box blew. I changed out a bad o2 sensor that the wires were exposed on thinking that was my issue. Started the vehicle up put in drive and it does t want to go almost like it’s in limp mode. Checked the fuse again and it’s blown.

This fuse has the o2 sensors, evap canister vent valve and transmission on the circuit. I pulled all the connectors on the o2 sensors and evap canister valve. Put a new fuse in a it blows the fuse again. A check engine light came on giving me codes:
P1747- transmission pressure control short circuit
P0755-shift solenoid b malfunction
P0743-torque converter clutch circuit
P1451-evap system canister vent valve solenoid circuit
P0135-obd2 code diagnosis 02sensor bank1 sensor1
P0155-02 sensor heating element failure bank2 sensor1

Has anyone ever ran into this that knows what the issue is? And would the transmission codes blow this fuse? I looked over the wiring for the transmission don’t see any visible damage.

thanks in advance for any help
The giveaway should be the words "short circuit". A short circuit causes fuses to blow: a blown fuse relieves the short circuit. Replacing the fuse does not relieve the cause. It would appear that a short circuit exists in the transmission circuitry- possibly in the solenoid controls. The solenoids may be individually checked from outside the transmission at the connector where the wiring enters the transmission. This may be done in several ways. In the case of your symptoms, connecting a 12 volt source to each solenoid after disconnecting it from the harness will produce an audible click within the transmission if the solenoid is operating properly. No click or sparking indicating a shorted solenoid coil will isolate the solenoid responsible.

Back