Gap Guards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gap Guards

Bearr

Reaction score
I have a 1999 ford explorer limited I have my 3" PA883 lift kit at my house and I just wanted to know what Gap Guards to order because I can't find any for an explorer. Oh and what is the min. size of tire I need? I have 22.5inc. tires right now that are pretty new.

Feed back Aprreciated :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need a Bumper Relocation Bracket.

ONCE INSTALLED, YOUR BUMPER DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME CRASH RATING YOU HAD IN STOCK FORM. NOR CAN YOU TOW FROM THE BUMPER MOUNTED HITCH BALL. THEY ARE COSMETIC FIXES ONLY.

Okay....with THAT said, most BL's I have seen come with these brackets. But if yours does not have the brackets, you can make them yourself. Search here on EF, and you will find the thread that someone took measurements, and pictures of theirs.

Ryan

He's talking about gap guards to cover the engine, etc. in the wheel wells, not bumper relocation.

Not sure which you can order, but I know some people have made their own with matting of some sort from home depot.

As you already found out that PA does not make gaps guards but some users around here have use pond lining material from Home depot, Lowes etc to make there own search around here and you find the write up on it.

Good Luck

get a mudflap from a truck shop, cut it up to the sizes you need and secure with self tappers or anything else you want. thats what i did to a budys truck. hundreds of mud holes later they are still on.

i bought my gap guards for my 96' at 4 wheel parts. They were supposed to fit a 95 apparantly but after i trimmed em up a bit they worked fine.

Back