• Register Today It's free!

gas milage

kdogg212001

Reaction score
City, State
stockton, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
ok i have just tuned up my 94 xlt and still get crappy gas milage, i did the math i have been getting about 13.5 miles per gallon which is sh*t!! i have done all the tune up except the fuel filter, and cleanin the intake manifold!! , so far i have just changed the oil, put the kkm back on after a cleaning, i mean what else can i do to it with out purchasing the bbk tb, or the the maf.??? i mean if it wasn't to hard i would probably put new injectors in it, btu idont think that would help, any suggestions would be tons of help, california gas prices are going down but so is my bank account!!lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

13.5 mpg for a 94 seems pretty damn good if you ask me!! do you have a lift? Bigger tires? these will lessen the mpg and you can't change that. I've also heard that changing your plugs and wires will do some wonders!

I wish I could get that kind of mileage!!

well i dont have a lift actually i just put new rancho rs5000s on the fron t and went with air shocks on the rear to keep the ass end up, gas shocks are terrible on x's, but no real lift, as far as the plugs and wires they are new also the plugs bosch platinums, i think i will put in the +4 next time though, i also have the super 40 series flowmasters, but i think after a lil cleaning to the intake manifold might do it a little good right??

oh yeah the tires are bf goodrich 15s but lower profile i got my 30" pathfiders slashed!!:(

kdogg212001 said:
oh yeah the tires are bf goodrich 15s but lower profile i got my 30" pathfiders slashed!!:(

Not too sure what you mean by this! You have BFG's on 15" rims? And its a low profile tire? Not familiar with low profile tires but on my 33" if the psi is low it can also affect gas milage. I notice that you have a KKM, flowmasters,new plugs....Nothing else I can tell ya! I mean 13.5 for 1st gens is REALLY good. What kind of milage you were getting before? What kinda milage are you expecting? Lead foot disease will also affect milage... ;)

well i kinda to like to mess with people cause of the flows i mean not to many people think that a older "x" can get up and move but mine can!!! i have gotten the speedometer needle to wind back down to drive the letter D i mean lol, which isn't to bad right????

Change the fuel filter and then run a can of Sea Foam through the intake.

i actually need to do that, change my F. filter, where do i get that foam????

kdogg you may wanna chose a different plug instead of the Bosch plugs, they seem to fall apart in ford motors for some reason.

and the Sea Foam can be found at a lot of big names part stores.

Autozone, Advanced Auto, Napa, Carquest, and Federated

just the original bosch or all together??? and what should i go with if you dont suggest them?

kdogg212001 said:
just the original bosch or all together??? and what should i go with if you dont suggest them?

Motorcraft plugs only.

I skimped on the Motorcrafts this time, used NGK's cause i get a discount through carquest and they don't carry the motorcrafts.

they seem to be doing just fine so far

I got my '94 about 4 years ago with 103K on it. We took a few trips to Montana and it was getting 20MPG. Now its getting 14 to 15. I just had the fuel pump replaced last summer and it went up to 17 for a while. I just got new plugs,wires and 02 sensors (the Check Engine light has been on for the past 70,000 miles, basically since I got it.) I had am going to replace the fuel filter later this spring and want to get it back up to at least 17MPG on average, although I would prefer 20 since I am going to school and working at a dead end job.:(

Back