Gauge Pods for 2013/14 Explorer Sport?>>> | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauge Pods for 2013/14 Explorer Sport?>>>

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I am just wondering if anyone has found a gauge pod that will fit the 2013/14 Ford Explorer A-pillar. I think having the Ford Racing LED gauges by Autometer for Boost and Fuel Pressure there would be a nice accent. Alternatively, one could use 2 way tape and have a dash pod like the one used in late nineties Mustangs and Cobras.

Anyone who has added gauges, please chime in. Also wondering where one would tee into the appropriate vaccum line to add the mechanical boost?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering this yesterday at the track. Would love to have somewhere to mount a boost gauge. I've got the Torque app for viewing multiple parameters and everything, but just for day to day driving, it's always fun having a boost gauge to glance at.

I am just wondering if anyone has found a gauge pod that will fit the 2013/14 Ford Explorer A-pillar. I think having the Ford Racing LED gauges by Autometer for Boost and Fuel Pressure there would be a nice accent. Alternatively, one could use 2 way tape and have a dash pod like the one used in late nineties Mustangs and Cobras.

Anyone who has added gauges, please chime in. Also wondering where one would tee into the appropriate vaccum line to add the mechanical boost?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Darren

You are going to want to pick something besides fuel pressure for the Sport.

Would an Ultra-Gauge work for you?

I've got the Torque Pro app, but I don't want to mount a tablet permanently in plain sight, don't want the hassle of always having to take one out, and don't always use the app on my phone. Nothing beats an analog boost gauge just right there in front of you to grin at as the boost climbs.

You are going to want to pick something besides fuel pressure for the Sport.

Thanks for the response Ken. I must admit that I was following my history with my Mustangs with the FP thought. Will FP not work on these vehicles? Will Boost even work? The other obvious could be oil pressure or water temp.

As I look more at the dash online (as my Sport is on order at this point), I wonder if the Boss Mustang Gauge pod could be modified to work with a few mods to the speaker in the centre of the dash. Likely remove the speaker to get access for the lines, and then mount of the pod on the speaker grille with some l brackets. Likely just order a new speaker to have for returning the vehicle back to stock later.

Just wondering Ken, can you confirm if Boost, Water Temp and Oil Pressure will work on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the response Ken. I must admit that I was following my history with my Mustangs with the FP thought. Will FP not work on these vehicles? Will Boost even work? The other obvious could be oil pressure or water temp.

As I look more at the dash online (as my Sport is on order at this point), I wonder if the Boss Mustang Gauge pod could be modified to work with a few mods to the speaker in the centre of the dash. Likely remove the speaker to get access for the lines, and then mount of the pod on the speaker grille with some l brackets. Likely just order a new speaker to have for returning the vehicle back to stock later.

Just wondering Ken, can you confirm if Boost, Water Temp and Oil Pressure will work on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance,

Boost, oil pressure, and water temp will work. The reason you don't want to select fuel pressure is due to the gauge only reading 100psi and the Sports HP fuel pump can supply 1,500+ psi. The intank pump is only a lift pump for HP fuel pump on top motor.

Boost, oil pressure, and water temp will work. The reason you don't want to select fuel pressure is due to the gauge only reading 100psi and the Sports HP fuel pump can supply 1,500+ psi. The intank pump is only a lift pump for HP fuel pump on top motor.

This

So has ne1 found a gauge pod that fits the X-Sport yet?
I've looked at Autometers web site and one for a Ford Van looks like it might work, part #15303

Back