Getting Used 99 Mounty 5.0 have a few questions | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Used 99 Mounty 5.0 have a few questions

I must agree with Jon. The synthetics made a huge difference in the feel and performance of my X. I'd do the switches as soon as possible, fuel has gone up about 40 cents a gallon in the last two weeks around here.

Hmmm...crude oil has been dropping in price at the same time. Go figure. I guess the retailers are just cashing in while they can.

I'm sure that Amsoil is a great product, I've just always been a Mobil 1 user since about 1990. My 3rd cousin was an Amsoil "distributor" out of his garage back in the mid 80's. He was always telling me how great it was and how it was silly not buy it right away. I guess that kind of always turned me off on it, especially since I had never seen any ads for it or had any other contact with the product. He made it come across like a cure all medicine show product and that has always kind of stuck in the back of my mind. Again, I'm sure it's a fine product. I do have to say that I like knowing I can grab a quart of Mobil 1 from most auto parts stores or at the local Wally World any time I need one. I really like that convenience.

Back