• Register Today It's free!

Give me your thoughts on this....

danlong

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 2wd - V8
I've currently got the 2" Eibach drop springs on my Ex, although I have yet to drive it or get it aligned. From prior experience with my 94 Ranger, a 2" spring puts you at the limit of being able to correct the the camber, and even with it very close to specs I was told the caster was off considerably, causing a lot of bumpsteer. I can see that my Ex has some serious neg. camber at the moment (stock cam bushings), so that will need some attention.
At the current height, I'd really like to go about an inch lower, so I decided a set of beams would be the best solution. The problem with that is, I'd like to keep the improved handling and ride that the Eibachs offer, not to mention the poor condition of my stock springs that have 11 years and 165,000 miles on them. My idea is to keep the Eibachs and use a set of beams, but to add in the F150 coil spacers to the equation. This should give me a total of about 3.5" of drop, as well as keeping most of the suspension travel and being easily aligned. Since I'm a 2wd, I'll have to extend the bolt that goes through the beam and radius arm to hold the coil in place with the spacers installed, but I think that'll be about my only problem.....
What do you guys think, am I missing anything here?

Back