Google music not functioning after 3.8 update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Google music not functioning after 3.8 update

agreuel

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I updated software from MFT Sync 3.7 to 3.8 in my 2014 Sport and have noticed that since the update, I am no longer able to use the seek button on the steering wheel or the buttons on the radio display screen to jump to the next or previous song when playing google music over Bluetooth (Samsung S5 which I did pair again after update). Is anyone else having this problem? It is not convenient to have to pick up the phone to change songs when I did not have to do this before the update. If this functionality is gone, I would like to reinstall the old version since the updates do not provide any value to me. Interested in knowing if others have lost ability to change songs in playlists without using the phone or how to change back to previous software version to validate that is causing the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi agreuel,

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue so let's try to get to the bottom of this. Have you tried any of the following:

- Reboot your phone.
- Master reset on MFT.
- A different music source on your phone.

If not, let's start with rebooting your phone and then a different app. I don't want you to do a master reset if you don't have to. Please let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

I tried a different music source and it performed the same. Restarted the phone and that fixed it! It is now working just like it did before the update. Thanks for the advice Rebecca!

glad that worked, with any computer - rebooting is always the first step in strange change in behaviors.

I tried a different music source and it performed the same. Restarted the phone and that fixed it! It is now working just like it did before the update. Thanks for the advice Rebecca!

Hi agreue,

I'm glad that worked for you! I will pass your thanks on to Rebecca.

Enjoy your weekend!.

Whitney

glad that worked, with any computer - rebooting is always the first step in strange change in behaviors.

Agreed...except to do that with the MFT, you need to pop the hood and pull the battery cable.

:)

Wish they would add an option to force a hard reboot through the MFT interface.

Agreed...except to do that with the MFT, you need to pop the hood and pull the battery cable.

:)

Wish they would add an option to force a hard reboot through the MFT interface.

You can always pull the fuse if you like twisting yourself into a pretzel to get to it.

Back