Got A/C Box installed on my 91-94 5.0 "X" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got A/C Box installed on my 91-94 5.0 "X"

91-94 5.0 "X" Air Conditioning Install PICTURES!!!!!!

****Phase 2 of 3 AC install Complete********
just thought I pass on some information regarding Air COnditioning on a 5.0 conversion in a 1991-94 Explorer.

I have used a 92 T-bird 5.0 H.O. and AOD.

Today I removed my intake, and installed a 1994 R-134A Heater/AC BOX. When I put the t-bird intake back on, to my surprise, EVERYTHING CLEARED!!!!!! This is good news, for I am moving to phoenix, Arizona.
The intake perfectly cleared around the contour of the AC box. I even installed the external EGR, its fits too, although it is pressed up against the side of the AC/heater box. Also, The Accumulator fits perfectly(on the end of the AC box), it will not have to be extended or modified! Now, there is a catch too all of this. In order to get this far, I had to install a 3 inch body lift. It would just not be possible in my case to install AC w/o it. I had to make no modifications the the heater/AC box at all. ( I don't like body lifts, but I had to in this situation.) Anyway, hope this helps...... Now......if only I could find an F-150 AC bracket.

The next phase of the project will be hooking up a condensor(or whatever ya call it) in front of the 97 V8 5.0 Explorer radiator.

-----will have pictures soon.-----

Al

Back