Got CE codes.. EGR related.. engine dies after about 15secs of idle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got CE codes.. EGR related.. engine dies after about 15secs of idle

Originally posted by kps36
figured it out ?

Nope, nothing. Today we replaced the ECU relay, but that didn't do anything as expected. This weekend a friend and I are going home to work on the Mustang and to hit an autocross race in Charlotte, so I am going to talk to some people I know at home that might can help me. If I find out anything, I'll post it here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fixed? what was it?

Originally posted by kps36
fixed? what was it?

Nope, not fixed yet. A friend and I went home this past weekend. We worked on the Mustang for 2 days and then on Sunday we raced in an SCCA Solo2 (autocross) event. What a blast!! Check out the pics on my website.. www.binaryweb.com

Anyway, today we are going to get back to work on the X. I talked to a dude back home that's helped me out a lot in the past with other problems, and he said he is almost sure it's the fuel pressure regulator. He said he's seen that go bad very often on them. Today I'm going to replace that and then we'll go from there.. If I find out anything new, I'll post it here.

We just replaced the FP regulator, and that did nothing. We are going to try to push start it again tonight, but I think we are back to where we were last week - nothing. It looks like it's about time to cut off my left nut and get Ford to tow it in a look at it.

Just for S & Gs, did you disconnect the Bat ( basically reset the PCM) and try after that ? Check alt/voltage regulator ? just grasping here now.
That is just wild...keep us updated.

Well, I finally got it fixed and got it back on Friday..

Here's the deal. The DPFE was bad, but the dude that worked on it couldn't believe that it caused what it did. He said the DPFE is supposed to send 5 volts back to the computer. My bad sensor was sending 1.7. He said he had never seen or heard of the DPFE not allowing the engine to run. He was amazed that it happened. Oh well, there's a strange one to remember/write down.

Glad to hear you got it resolved. I'll keep this in mind for future reference.......

Back