• Register Today It's free!

Got my lift done!

ZombieHunter

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
Well, here she is. TT & Shackles, ProComp 15" Wheels, Yokohama Geloander 32x11.50's. What do you guys think? Never would have gotten it done without the forum.

IMGP1524.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GREAT LOOK! your tires were one of the ones i had to decide on before i went with the goodyear duratracs. its great to see how they look on a trac. nice roof rack too, now paint that cladding!

Thanks LONO! Watching you guys do your Tracs gave me all these ideas and the knowledge to most of it myself. I did ball joints and wheel bearings last week before I got the new wheels and tires and alignment done.

And yes, the cladding is driving me crazy now...

A good bit of trimming so far, yes. Still have a little rub at full lock. As soon as I can figure out where else it is rubbing, I'll get back under there with my cut-off wheel.

Awesome, another lifted Estate Green Trac. This also gives me a better idea of what mine would look like with black D wheels and a roof rack. I like the way you think... :D

IMG_3212.jpg

Thanks OffTrac! Yours was the first Estate Green Trac I saw on here. I was going to stay with the stock wheels, but the knucklehead that owned the truck before had put Fix-A-Flat in 3 of them. Flat out ruined the wheels. Anyway, thanks bro. I think our green Tracs look pretty darn good.

Lookin good!

Looks good man. I commented in the show off thread about it too.
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Each and every one of you was an inspiration for the coolness. The write-ups and info are great. I can remember when I started spinning a wrench for fun, and all I had was a Chilton or Haynes manual and a set of Craftsman sockets. This is WAY better.

Now, to just get that cladding painted. Next big project, exhaust! :D

How bad did the lift and tires affect your mpg?

I just drove about 1500 miles to VA and back to 'Bama on this setup. I got better mileage staying below 70, but got in a hurry a few times. Best tank I got was around 15+ MPG, worst was a little over 14. Before that, I only got around 17 anyway with the roof rack. The truck has factory 4.10 gears in the rear diff. Not great highway gears.

im starting to notice a dip in my mpg since i got the 33"s on myself, but remember that with the bigger tires your speedo and your odometer are off too. i was getting about 22mpg avg hwy, and im down to maybe 20 mpg with the bigger tires. im trying to get my hands on a little bucket honda right now so i can retire my trac from DD duties and make strictly my weekend ride.

Lono, upgrade to 4.56 gears and you'll solve the problem.

Both. Well the mpg will still be down alittle because of the added weight to the truck and the roof basket.

Thanks OffTrac! Yours was the first Estate Green Trac I saw on here. I was going to stay with the stock wheels, but the knucklehead that owned the truck before had put Fix-A-Flat in 3 of them. Flat out ruined the wheels. Anyway, thanks bro. I think our green Tracs look pretty darn good.

This guy also has a lifted Estate Green ST. :D

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I have had my 02 ST lifted (in its current configuration) for about 5 years now. I took some pictures of it this morning to post on another thread, so I thought I would drop in and post them here as well.

It currently has 4" Superlift Kit, TT, Shackles, and 3" Body Lift on 36x15.50 R18 MTZ's with 1" wheel spacers.

I know it's not very practical, and it wears out ball joints, hub bearings like a son of a b.... but it makes me happy :) Hopefully a SAS is in its future. My goal is for it to operate as smoothly as Chad's ST.

5563917827_79ce5fef5a_b.jpg

Untitled by mjenk430, on Flickr

5564493868_1f671eb307_b.jpg

Untitled by mjenk430, on Flickr

Looks great!

Yep, he's actually in the process of doing his SAS, SOA to his but has come to a stand still. Check out his build thread in the offroad section. Looks really good so far.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I've been wondering when the next update would be. Can't wait to see the results.

Zombie, are you sure those MPG numbers are right? Have you adjusted for the larger tires? If not, your odometer is wrong and the quick, usual way of figuring MPG is inaccurate. You may be doing better than you think.

Back