rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
LET FORD HEAR THUNDER FROM GRASSROOTS AMERICA NOW! Ford Motor Company recently granted the National Audubon Society $5 million. The Audubon Society has been actively pushing OHV closures for years and was one of the primary advocates of the Clinton/Gore Roadless Initiative. Audubon is just one of the green groups that Ford has been supporting. Let Ford Motor Company know how you feel about this. Use the following as a guide for your message - or cut and paste - to send a note to Sandra E. Ulsh, Vice President of the Ford Motor Company Fund, at fordfund@ford.com. Sandra E. Ulsh: I understand that Ford Motor Company has been financially supporting the Audubon Society and other anti-recreation-access groups. I, and my family, are outdoor recreation enthusiasts who strongly disagree with the Audubon Society’s public land lock up agenda. Why is Ford Motor Company supporting groups who advocate closing public lands that are being used by your customers. I encourage Ford Motor Company to consider financial support for recreation advocacy groups such as the BlueRibbon Coalition. (Be certain to include your name, address and phone number) You can also call Ford at 800 392-3673, at the first prompt enter 3, at the second prompt enter 2. At that time you will be asked to enter your 10 Digit Telephone number. Then you will be linked to a live person who will do a VERY complete interview about your complaint. (800) 232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ryan,
Thanks for the heads up. I will be sending my complaint here shortly.

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
Thanks for the heads up Ryan.

Hey Gerald, would it be ok to sticky this thread?

Bah! I don't need Gerald! :D I stuck it! LOL

Gerald you can lay the smack down later if you don't like it... :D

Here is my email....

Howdy,

What's up with Ford Supporting the Audubon Society and all these other anti-free loving outdoors activities? That's just wrong that Ford a major corporation would take sides like this. They should fully support the use of the PUBLIC'S outdoors the way they should be used not supporting the closures of them forever. Why even sell a vehicle that has 4 wheel drive if it cannot be used? I know its for profit but soon no one will even be able to use your wonderful products to get to the outdoors to enjoy them, as they will all be closed off. This is just silly that you would even support a group like this that is Anti-American in its values. I really just don't understand where you all are coming from. Why not support groups like the Blue Ribbon Coalition? At least they HELP the environment exist with people with their American values.

Thanks,
Ryan Penner

Hah! Yeah you can stick it; no problem bro.

Now I'll unstick it, send it over to your forum, and then stick it in yours Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by GJarrett
Hah! Yeah you can stick it; no problem bro.

Now I'll unstick it, send it over to your forum, and then stick it in yours Dead Link Removed

I guess this really is the anything goes forum huh?

My reply!

BAH! Look at this! They are trying to skirt the issue that THEY donated funds to this place for BIRDS!!! Give me a break!

Dear Mr. Penner:
Thank you for your comments about Ford Motor Company Fund's grant to the National Audubon Society. We appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, and helping raise our awareness of different points of view.

First, I want to clarify that our grants in the environmental area concentrate on educational initiatives. Our intent with the National Audubon Society grant was meant in this spirit, and it was limited to environmental education and bird monitoring programs, however, we understand your concerns.

Ford Fund is the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company. Education is Ford Fund's top priority, and our environmental grants are only a small part of our overall giving. The Fund supports non-profit organizations in five priority areas - education; environment; public policy, health and welfare; civic affairs and community development, and arts and humanities.

Ford Motor Company values its customers, and we appreciate your loyalty. Your comments have raised our awareness, and are helpful as we evaluate future contributions.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Sandra E. Ulsh

Here is her email... fordfund@ford.com

Mee too...

My response was the same except for the last paragraph:

Ford Motor Company values its customers. We recognize that the people living in rural communities have owned Ford trucks and cars for generations, and we appreciate your loyalty. We also believe that you play an important role in the success of America. Over the years, we have learned there are two sides to every issue, and we try to learn from each. Your comments have raised our awareness, and are helpful as we evaluate future contributions.

Thank you for contacting us.

That's because I personalized my letter as a Ford loving member...

"I own a Ford Explorer, and despite all the happenings...I still love it. I love it because of what it stands for and the Company that makes them. Its my freedom to Explore...but when I have no trails to Explore, I will no long need or love my Ford. Just think for 1 minute the impact of your supporting a roadless rule, to all those customers that want Fords because they are notorious for being "tuff trucks" and can hang with the big dogs when you are out in the woods. No need for 4x4 to go camping...nope...there are no more trails you can drive on to go camp, cuz Ford helped shut them down.

Hmmm....

Thanks for taking the time to read this."

What I want to know is if someone really does go through and read all of them? It seems crazy that they would even try to read them all but I would guess they would have a disagree pot and an agree pot. I wonder if they even make it any higher then the people they have hired to read these.

I have a friend at Ford who designs SUV's. We met at the first Truckhaven "Serious Explorations" event. He really listned to us when we told him what we wanted to see in an SUV, but he was honest. We are a very small market for them, so SUV's are going to continue to get more drivable on the street, and less off-road worthy.

Ford does listen to its consumers, but we are a very small fraction of them. He suggested that we be the most forthcoming group....they get he most attention. I have lodged my complaint with him, and Ford about its contribution to a society that advocates closing any trails. The land is for all of us to use, not just a select few.

Ten bucks says it's one of those auto reply emails. When this type of email comes through it just replys back with that crap.

Back