Gotta sell, think this price is reasonable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gotta sell, think this price is reasonable?

chris c

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Gotta sell, think this price is reasonable? [added pic]

I have to sell my 1991 XLT [among other things including my 84’ CJ7 and 70’ Olds Cutlass].

It is a 4.0L automatic 4 wheel drive. The body has 197k miles. The engine was replaced at 148k so it has ~49k miles on it. The transmission was rebuilt at 179k miles so it has just fewer than 20k on it. I have recently replaced all the brake components [rotors, pads, shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, etc…]. I replaced the auto lock hubs with Warn manual hubs. The radius arm bushings were done around 185k miles. The exhaust is quite recent and the Michelin LTX tires have only around 20k miles on them. I also just replaced the ignition coil, wires and plugs. The truck runs very well.

As far as the body goes, the interior is very clean. The body is also very clean and straight. The truck did have some rust in front of the rear wheels and new dog legs were welded in.

I know without pictures it hard for anyone to give an opinion. I will try to get pictures of it up soon. In any event I am looking to get around $2000 for it. Does that sound realistic?

sorry for the bad pics, just what i happened to have on my pc... they are on imagestation. you may have to right click and then paste the address into your address bar on your browser.

fbb60964.jpg

fbb60968.jpg

$2K sounds good. Just make sure you explain all the work you've done to a potential buyer. But then again, when you ask $2K, somebody will bring you down to $1500.

The tires alone are worth 4-500. I'd start at $2.5-3K and see if you get any bites.

good luck. we have been trying to sell our 91 with 165k, w/ a rebult eng and tranny too (among other things)....we NEED 2k out of it and have not had a single bite.

Back