• Register Today It's free!

Greetings!!!!

lovehateford

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 4WD 4.6 Limited
Hello Everyone!! I just wanted to greet my fellow ford owners and inform you of my feelings towards ford that motivated my member name and hopefully is something that many of you can relate to. My 02 Explorer 4WD 4.6L Limited is the 3rd Ford Ive owned. When I was searching for a new SUV before I bought this explorer I was convinced from my negative mechanical experiences with my fords, (transmissions failures, A/C Black death, spark plug blow outs, timing tensioners etc) that I WOULD NOT buy another ford. But after driving the competition... I always end up letting stupid take over and pushing the "fix or repair daily" thoughts to the back of my mind for the comfort, looks, and driving experience of a Ford. Owning my 3rd Ford(now at 147,000 miles)... It truly is a Love hate relationship! Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on ford.

Welcome to this forum! Every manufacturer has things which need to be improved upon, but over all, if you take care of it, it should last a long time. Sometimes a vehicle could be a lemon, and have numerous defects. The 02 has an extensive list of TSBs.

Back