Grrrr... Alarm Wiring | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grrrr... Alarm Wiring

don't worry about the 5 wire stuff. Here is how you do it.Dead Link Removed Here's a diagram to help you understand

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, that's what I have too. Just making sure.

Thanks.

Another question :rolleyes: The diagram that you show has 87a going to ground. On the viper diagram it shows 87a going to the master switch. Here is the diagram I'm talking about.

diagram.JPG

See what I mean? I'm electronically dense, not to mention color blind so we'll see how this wiring thing goes :D

Thanks again.

The reason it is called a 5 wire system is because there are 5 wires that go to the Master Switch ( usually the drivers door switch is the master switch). 2 wires go to ground, 1 goes to 12 volt constant and the last 2 are the door lock motor wires.
The way it works is that both motor wires go to ground through the switch. When you press the switch one wire is removed from ground and 12 volts is aplied to it and the door unlocks or lock depending on which way you pressed the switch

I get it!!! God you guys are so smart :)

The diagram I have also shows 87a going to the switch. My diagram has 87a and 30 going to each switch with the wire cut in the middle so the relay takes over. I'm not sure, which way should i use? yours or this one? If I use yours it shows that I'm just spliced into the switch without cutting it. but then how does it work? I'm nto understanding it...

wait after some thinking about it last night while trying to sleep I think i understand. 87a is ground so it goes to switch side of the wire and 30 goes to motor side of the wire. Yes? I think so. neato.

bah, i dunno if anyon eis een looking at this anymore bu t last thing. my alarm has 3 wires coming out of the alarm for the door locks. red green and blue. blue is to go to the relay that connect to the unlock, green is supposed to go to the relay that connects to the lock, and ted is supposed to go to 86 on both relays. and fused 12v is to go to 87 on my schematic. does this sound right or should i try something else?

I installed a crime guard in mine shorty after I got it 5 years ago. Took me 2 whole days - this was doing door unlocks and all. After practically disassembling half of my car and some cut up hands it turned out very nice. It is probably one of the most impressive DIY jobs I have ever done in that everything still works perfectly. :D

About the shock sensor - I only recently added this on and it seems to only work about half the time when I do a self test on it ( knocking on windows/ panels etc.)

Well I got the door locks to work. Turned out I had one of the relays the wrong type. I had one with two 87 posts instead of an 87a. so I just went to the auto parts store and got 2 fog light relays for my 87 Camaro, exactly what i needed. 87a relays. Works perfectly now.

Back