Hartman's 1996 5.0 V8 THE GOLDEN GOOSE | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hartman's 1996 5.0 V8 THE GOLDEN GOOSE

As many of you know this is my second Explorer. I sold my old 95 in 08 to buy a car. Well, I have a Mustang GT now and I needed something for winter/rain/zombie apocalypse. Naturally I started looking for another Explorer because I already know quite a bit about them after spending 7 years here.

After several months, I picked up this 96 Explorer V8 for $1400. It was ugly and had some EGR issues, but other than that it was just dirty. Strong drivetrain.

(dead links)

I wish I took pictures of the interior carpets, they were almost black.

Here are some pics after I cleaned it up a bit:

The rear tires were worn, so rather than buying two new tires, I started my hunt for some BFGs :D Got lucky and came across some two month old BFG AT on craigslist for $300. :bounce:

Added some Warrior shackles with a TT. Painted the center of the grille metallic gray. As she sits now:
(dead links)

Nope it's not the blower motor resistor as I can still adjust the fan speed on Max AC and every other setting. However when I turn it to any setting other than Max AC, the cold air goes away.

Nope it's not the blower motor resistor as I can still adjust the fan speed on Max AC and every other setting. However when I turn it to any setting other than Max AC, the cold air goes away.

Had this exact same issue in my '97 mountaineer. Never did get around to fixing it before I sold the hunk of crap lol.

Back