• Register Today It's free!

HD Radio and TAG

phygbn

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone have any luck tuning into HD Radio and tagging a song? I have the 2013 Explorer XLT and the MFT doesn't seem to find any HD stations although I know that they are in my area. I have reviewed the manual on this topic, and it's not very clear if MFT automatically finds these or if I have to manually tune the station. Or, it's possible only the limited has the HD receiver?
Thanks,

Gary

I have the XLT too with 202A package, its got a radio upgrade and big MFT screen, but not the branded SONY radio. I think you may need the Sony radio for tagging and HD radio.

so if you are like me you also dont have water sensing wipers, blind spot warning, and a few other details.

As it turns out... I kind of like the extra non-touchscreen buttons available on this setup. Might be easier to deal with come cold weather. Although they are still capacative touch so not sure if they will work with gloves on...hmmmm

This one:
radio.jpg

Thanks SPR. That clears that up. I have the 202A package, too. Just looked it up again, and the SONY (Limited Package) radio is the only one to carry HD.

truth be told I was looking at the owners manual and wondered the same thing. Only had it a week and wasnt sure - but there isnt a 'tag' icon and no indication of HD... so I assume...

No HD... but I think I am going to like this Sirius radio stuff... I am warming up to it quickly. I stopped listening to the radio for years mostly because of all the freaking commercials, so this is very refreshing to me.

Back