head id?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
is there anyway to tell if the heads you have on your motor came with the truck originally? i just had my head done and ever since Ive put the motor back together i have had problems with valve noise and missing on just one side and everything is brand new and now i have steam coming out my oil fill hole and it looks like the head is cracked or a blown gasket but wouldn't think that since there is less than a 100 miles on it.i think the machine shop gave me two different head and one of them if bad!!!is there any way to tell if they are my heads that i brought to him in the first place because i had no problems with them before and he said he pressure tested my heads and they was fine!!!!! YES THIS IS THE COLOR OF MY FACE!!!! $2500 AND A ####ED UP MOTOR!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

sorry to answer your question i don't know ....don't know if casting numbers indicate to it's orig' motor or per year model.

tho i'm not an expert on the years for the heads and the versions and updates that ford did .but what i do know is that the 94 editons had all the latest updates (everywhere) but like all first gen explorers they are prone to cracking and yours being a '92 it most likely to crack even more so .

so you just had one head done or both ? did they magnaflux them to see if there was cracks?

what was the reason you had the work done for ? did it throw a head gasket before and thats the reason for the machine work ?

I had them both done it lost oil pressure and as soon as it did I just rebuilt the whole thing it was just a cloged oil sceen.it ran great before never had a problem for a 160k.he just said he pressure tested them he didn't go into detail he should of tho.it just seem odd that it would crack for no reason I haven't been dogen it or anything it had less than a 100 miles on it.it just started runing like it had a vac line off and it was steaming out the oil fill tube and got a yellow milky resdue in the tube but the dipstick is still clean looking oil so it had to just happen

im going to get a new set of 95tm from Alabama heads but still wish i could tell if these was my head in the first place

Back