• Register Today It's free!

Headlight adjustment

jimnan

Reaction score
City, State
Denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ltd
I am trying to find the phillips head adjusting screw to adjust the headlights on my '11 limited. The owner's manual (p.81) is vague about its location and I can't find anything that accomodates a phillips screwdriver as called for by the manual.

The dealer has adjusted twice - once way too high and then way too low. I guess I need ot do it myself.

Thanks for the help.

I ask the dealer where it was, and they offered to check it when I was there for another issue. turned out they were fine.

But I will admit, they do take some getting used to. Far brighter than other cars I've had.

Here's a link for a You Tube video where a guy adjusted his new F-250 headlites. I know the X is different, but I'll bet the adjustment assembly is the same or close to the same. Skip to about 2:00 minutes into the video to view the adjustment process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ehpw_8qfs

Call the service mgr and ask him where it's located, and if it is the same as the you tube video.

Good luck.

If you decide to do it, make your own You Tube video and post it here so we can all benefit.

Thanx:usa:

Back