Wanted Heater problems

Parts or services wanted

racoonman

Reaction score
City, State
saint john
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Ranger, 2x4 aut
I have a 2008 Ford Ranger (3L), auto, no AC. I turned on my heater the other AM and could not get any heat. Blower works, all doors working for the various ports....but no heat. Fluid level is OK, both heater hoses are hot. Only have 50K kilometers on truck. Anyone out there who might have an idea? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Racoonman,
I have the exact same problem with my 2008 Ranger. My heater control valve turns on and off correctly, and my heater core hoses both are hot.
My temperature control is a potentiometer (turns clock-wise and counter-clock-wise) and is located in the center of the climate controls.
This device sends a voltage to a sensor reading device (it could be a microprocessor), but I don't know what it is. I measured the value of the potentiometer with an ohm-meter and it appears to be functioning correctly. It seems that whatever is reading the voltage from this device is either malfunctioning, or whatever the reading device is controlling is malfunctioning.
If I find the solution, I'll let you know.
It's going to turn cold soon. I hope we both have heat before then.
Good Luck,
Tommy Glantz

Possible blend door issues. I'm familiar with the earlier models(98-01) but I think yours is similar. There is an actuator on top of the air plenum that moves to change the temp of the air coming out. It may be stuck on cold. If that is the case that part is a real pain in the @## to work on, no room in there. Try to get confirmation on this because like I said not sure if the later ones are the same. Good luck.

new member here.. I've got a 2008 ranger xlt, the heater stopped working earlier this summer. I took it to the ford dealer this week and they said bad blend door actuator. Would they have run an electronic test that told them it was the motor, not the temp control?

Yes they could have tested the controls, but the blend door actuator failure is more common.

Back