Hello All. This is the first thread I am posting. I have just purchased a Ford Explorer 2017. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello All. This is the first thread I am posting. I have just purchased a Ford Explorer 2017.

HAS

Reaction score
City, State
Forestburg Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
I bought 2017 model with low k 50 infact. A new 2018 model 0% interest. A 2017 lease back with just 500 K 5.8 % 2017 with 50 K was 2.5%. Cannot see a difference in them just the game ford plays. Have not driven it much as when I left the dealer I just wanted to get home. the car rides nice and I need a four year old kid to show me how the bells work. Back to the reason for post. I arrived home only to have my dash reporting all four yes four tires were in need of air. ( PDI ) was not done I think. Looking car over once home I looked the car over. Again (PDI) drivers side rear view mirror led light portion has moisture in it. How many of you have noticed similar service. I am 70 years of age, and when was young cars never left the lot with out all fluids checked tires set to correct amount. How many other buyers notice the service drop

They are checked over at the factory and are sent out with minimal fuel and washer fluid with the tires overinflated to reduce flat spots. Many times this secondary inspection isn't taken as seriously at the dealer but if anything is missed it looks very poor for the dealer when the manufacturer reviews what warranty or non warranty issues should have been taken care of before it left the lot. In your case the PDI may have been done since the tires probably had been lowered to the door sticker specification and someone didn't bother to recheck the pressures before you took delivery (maybe because it was "someone elses job"). I am assuming they were expecting the dash light to tell them if the tires needed air and thought everything was fine. Either way it is still frustrating.
Depending how you want to handle it, may want to call or drive back to the dealer and let them know how inconvenient it was, they may offer a free wash or otherwise:dunno:

I bought 2017 model with low k 50 infact. A new 2018 model 0% interest. A 2017 lease back with just 500 K 5.8 % 2017 with 50 K was 2.5%. Cannot see a difference in them just the game ford plays. Have not driven it much as when I left the dealer I just wanted to get home. the car rides nice and I need a four year old kid to show me how the bells work. Back to the reason for post. I arrived home only to have my dash reporting all four yes four tires were in need of air. ( PDI ) was not done I think. Looking car over once home I looked the car over. Again (PDI) drivers side rear view mirror led light portion has moisture in it. How many of you have noticed similar service. I am 70 years of age, and when was young cars never left the lot with out all fluids checked tires set to correct amount. How many other buyers notice the service drop
Welcome to the Forum to the member from "Wild Rose Country"..:wave:
Had to read the beginning of your post several times before realizing that 'K' meant km and not 1000. Moisture in the LED strip has been reported before by some members. Since you are under warranty I suggest that you go back to the dealer to have this resolved and have the tire pressure issue checked as well.
Also, please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

Peter

Back