• Register Today It's free!

Hello Everyone

jk86racing

Reaction score
City, State
Granby, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ford Explorer V8 E.B.
Hello everyone. I’ve been scouring the forum for the last few weeks and figured it would be better to just join in on the fun. A few weeks ago I picked up a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition with a V8 and tow package that has 133k on it. Needs a little attention but I don’t think you can expect to find anything 10 years old for a good price that doesn’t need some love.

The plan for the vehicle right now is to use it as a daily driver for the wife, load it up for road trips, hiking, and various outdoor adventures, and to transport the dogs too tournaments. It will also be used to tow 4 or 5 of us, a race car, and trailer up and down the road a few times a year.

Now I did mention it does need some attention. The AC clutch has broken off (possible seized compressor), the spark plugs have never been changed, tires need to be replaced, sounds like the passenger side exhaust manifold might be cracked, the passenger side CAT is possibly toast, and I’m not sure of the condition of the front timing guides. So this will be a fun project.

A little back ground on myself; grew up in an automotive machine shop, been working on cars all my life, and almost never send my vehicles out for someone else to do the work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find what you will need to keep your Explorer on the road. Sounds like you will contribute some of your own experience as well. :chug:

Thank you very much! I'm sure I can provide some well documented tutorials of what not to do. :hammer:

Welcome! Cheers from Vegas!

Welcome.

Back