Hello fellas! Help me with my atf and hub bearing please | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello fellas! Help me with my atf and hub bearing please

You're not checking it when it is running and warm are you? If so, you're going to have oil in the engine and not in the pan... That would explain missing oil...

nah when i checked it my car was in the parking lot of my job , and i hadnt used it since 10 hours before

theres no sign of burning oil either , i did notice that when i step on the gas the engine is slightly slightly hesitant .. only i would notice it since i own the truck its very little but i know my truck well enough

ok well i figured out the problem...

first off i first added about 1.3 quarts of new oil... stil.l not a single drop on the dip stick.. so i took the tranny dip stick since its twice as long as the oil dip stick

and i put it in the oil slot... and checked under the truck and i noticed that the dip stick was sticking out of the bottom.. so conclusion is that there is a small rust hole in the dip stick holder and its not actually reaching the oil its just going thru that little hole.. but no leakage

and i now have about 6.3 quarts in the engine

Figured there was something going on there... :D

I'd drop some of the oil out of there just to be safe...

Back