• Register Today It's free!

Hello Fellow ford Fans

expetrbiltdrvr

Reaction score
City, State
Denver,CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 ford explorer eddie
Hi All, I am a very long time ford fan and a new explorer owner. I should say new used explorer owner cause the one i just bought is a 98 eddie bauer eddition with the 5.0 and all wheel drive. It is in awesome shape for having 160 k on it and runs great. There is one problem that i am having though. When i turn on the a/c it slowly gets cool but not cold and as i rev up the engine it goes from cool to hot. so i figured it was low on freon and dumped a can in the system. now it does get colder when ideling but when the engine is reved up it gets warmer again. Im not seeing any frost or condensation buildup anywhere on the system under the hood but the low side line is cold to the touch. im thinkin maybe an expansion vavle or could i be having a blend door problem?
I have read a few of the post on here already and they have given me some ideas but it still seems to be low on freon to me Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i dont have a lot of money to spend having just bought this gem. Thanks again Dan

Back