Hello from Michigan

DavidInMi

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi All!

Since I already used the forum to solve a problem I thought I'd better introduce myself.

As the name implies, I'm David and I live in Michigan. I've lived here all my life.

I have a 2001 Sport Trac with ~182K on it. It's my wife's vehicle. As I stated on another post, we first started having issues two years ago. Two of the tires were leaking pressure. It turned out to be corrosion on the lips of the rims. If you know anything about Michigan, they use salt on the roads in the winter. It's hell of vehicles. So, I had the tires unmounted, got the rims sand blasted and powder coated. While that was going on I decided to fix some rust on it. I just got into it and my father passed away in another state. So, after two years of selling houses, moving Mom, buying and fixing up a condo....I finally got back on the Trac. Since January I've dropped the tank, drained the fuel, replace the fuel pump assembly, new stock cat back exhaust, pinion seal, rear shocks and a fuel filter. Then a vacuum problem that some of the good folks on this forum help me diagnose. So, now back to the rust repair so my wife can have her vehicle back.

Anyway, Hello all!
IMG_4259.JPG

David, welcome.

Back