Hello from ohio, might be getting an explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello from ohio, might be getting an explorer

poomwah

Reaction score
City, State
bryan, oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
non yet
hello, I wanted to say hello and ask for advice. I currently own a 90 bronco II XLT. It's in pretty decent shape with about 144,000 miles on it. It needs some minor sheet metal work under the back near the body mounts. I need to put tires on it. I really like the truck but I need something with a little more cargo room, not much, just about 8 inches longer in the back would do it.
I was offered a deal on a 95 explorer sport for my truck plus 200 dollars. The explorer has 170,000 on it, 4.0 auto, the interior is rough, there is a crack across the bottom of the windshield, there are no rocker panels left, it needs brake pads, and the heat is always on, no matter what.
I paid 800 for my bronco II, and put a new starter, and new brake caliper on it. Is my truck plus 200 dollars a good deal ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

thanks guys :]
as far as it being a money pit, with my luck it probably will be, LOL. but then again, I'm pretty sure my bronco is going to be on also

I have decided to do it, also came up with the 200 dollars... SO, I'm just waiting for the guy to call me back and see when we can make the deal :] So hopefully by the end of the day (not sure with it being sunday and all) hopefully I'll be an explorer owner :] I'll make sure to let everyone know.
oh , funny thing, someone tried to tell me that there's just as much room in the back of an second gen explorer sport as there is in a bronco II :p Now THAT is funny

well, no explorer today :[ the guy called and told me that after we made the deal, he thought about it some more and decided he wants my bronco plus THREE hundred instead of two :[ what's the point of making a deal anyway?

well, I have the 300, now I"m just trying to decide if I want to deal with the guy after changing the deal. If he's going to do that, makes me wonder what he's not telling me about the truck

well, no explorer for me, the dealer broke the second deal as well. and also threatened me (via a voicemail) that if I tell people about it, he'll sue me and take my house (too bad I rent), our vehicles, my truck (that he said is not worth anything, even though yesterday he said he sold it to me too cheap), my bike (which is in my wifes name), my wifes car (we aren't legally married yet) and my monthly disability check.
How funny is that

WTF? Who is this clown you're dealing with?!?

Sounds Like a Real D-Bag!

Sounds Like a Real D-Bag!

OH MY GOD!!! that is EXACTLY what my 8 year old duahter referred to him as when we were talking about it last night.

I doubt he's on this forum. He's in bryan ohio Jims Auto and Truck, also runs a contruction company.
He can threaten to sue me all he wants, I'm still telling people about it

I hate guys like that. They give the whole used car thing a bad name.

Um, if you're willing to come to NJ, I've got a decent '97 Sport I'm looking to sell
'97 Explorer Sport
152K, 4.0L-SOHC, Auto, 4x4
Pwr Locks, Pwr Windows, Pwr Sunroof
16" Steel, Chrome (factory)
Just recently passed NJ inspection (doesn't help you of course)
I just rebuilt the whole rear end, new rear brakes (including e-brake shoes and hardware)
Just fixed the blend door issue
new recvr/drier for the a/c
it's clean, no rust Seafoam Green (my name for it) with grey cloth interior
I'm looking for $2900 or best offer (KBB Private Party-good is about $3500 w/o the new parts)
PM me if your interested, I can email you pics.

thanks carguy. unfortunately i couldnt afford the gas to get there and back. I'm on ohio.
not to mention the money I'd have to spend on food once I got there. I hate the food here, I miss jersey food. I grew up in budd lake, was born in morristown. My grandfather used to take me to the sussex airport every summer to see the air show. Damn I'm getting old, LOL
I hate guys like that. They give the whole used car thing a bad name.

Um, if you're willing to come to NJ, I've got a decent '97 Sport I'm looking to sell
'97 Explorer Sport
152K, 4.0L-SOHC, Auto, 4x4
Pwr Locks, Pwr Windows, Pwr Sunroof
16" Steel, Chrome (factory)
Just recently passed NJ inspection (doesn't help you of course)
I just rebuilt the whole rear end, new rear brakes (including e-brake shoes and hardware)
Just fixed the blend door issue
new recvr/drier for the a/c
it's clean, no rust Seafoam Green (my name for it) with grey cloth interior
I'm looking for $2900 or best offer (KBB Private Party-good is about $3500 w/o the new parts)
PM me if your interested, I can email you pics.

Just a quick drive :)

thanks carguy. unfortunately i couldnt afford the gas to get there and back. I'm on ohio.
not to mention the money I'd have to spend on food once I got there. I hate the food here, I miss jersey food. I grew up in budd lake, was born in morristown. My grandfather used to take me to the sussex airport every summer to see the air show. Damn I'm getting old, LOL

Aww. c'mon it's just a measly 576 miles one way ($96 in gas @ 2.50/gal) How much could some twinkies and Red Bull cost?
:D

Wow, it's a small world I guess. Yeah, last I heard, they stopped doing the airshow. I think it was because the old guy that owned/ran the airport retired.

Back