Hello from Texas!

roncross

Reaction score
City, State
Red Oak, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone,
My name is Ron Cross. I found the forum via search engine like I see many other people did. Great resource!

I'm somewhat of an 'old-head' who has gotten the bug again. At 40 I thought I was over all of the modfication-stuff (after-market ssound-systems were my thing years ago).

I had a 98 Explorer XLT and I was perfectly happy with all of the stock equipment. Never had a single desire to change anything in it or on it. But then a few weeks ago I got an Explorer Sport, and something happened!

Suddenly I got the urge to do all kinds of stuff to it, and I found myself back in the stores again looking at H.Us. But I also found myserlf looking at information about things I'd never taken an interest in before, like grills and after-market tail-lights and head-lights. Looking for info on that kind of thing is what brough me here (I'm in trouble now, lol).

So anyway, I have this thing and I want to do some mods to it, but I'm still a family man. I have a wife and 2 kids, plus I'm 40. So I still don't want to go to extremes (I want to act and look my age,lol). But here's what I've done and would like to do:

What I drive:
I drive a White 2000 Ford Explorer Sport, which I recently purchased. It's White with that trim color they have on all the Eddie's (I forget the name). Nice, clean little truck with lots of potential. Currently I haven't done much. I replaced the stock h.u with my old Pioneer cd player from a 91 e-clipse I had. This thing must be almost 10 years old and still works flawlessly!...swapped out the 6X8's in the front kicker panels for new, better quality ones and had tweeters installed on the doors up by the power window buttons).

I'm in the process of having 6X9s installed where the back 2 speakers are/were. That's proving to be more of a headache than I thought thought. One guy tells me the panels back there will have to be removed to be cut to the right dimentions for the speakers and their grills.

Next I'll add either one or two amps, but it won't be about high wattage...strictly great sound...and then I'd like to have one of those Stealth boxes with one 10 in there (I'm a mobile DJ and a musician so I have to have every inch of my cargo space).

Once I'm done with the sound system I'd like to:
1.modify the front grill

2.get the front and quarter panel windows tinted (the back windows are already done)

3. I'd love to have a wood-grain kit on the inside(nut I don't know how god it'll look with the gray interior)

4. I like those white-face instrument cluters, wanna get those

5. Finally, some nice rims and tires to fit. I'd like to go up a little from the stock size, but I know nothing about this area..so i'll be doing a lot of reading here.

Well, that's it for me guys, I'll see you all around the boards.

Ron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah, Ron at 40 your just gettin' to the "I can almost afford this stuff" age! You never do really reach it tho' (At least not in my world) One little thing at a time! Shoot, I got excited about putting the fumoto oil change valve on mine! (See 'WHOO HOO OIL CHANGE") Have fun!

PS: for some really nice stereo stuff, do a search in "for sale" forum for BBQ_HOTDOGS!!!! Nice stuff, great guy!

welcome to the site ron

Nice to see another fellow X Sport owner. I myself drive an 01 Sport.

I turned 40 last week and I'm still wishing I had back all the money I spent on mods that did nothing for the resale value of my cars.

Funny you should say thet....Just this morning I finally sold all my accesories from a Camry I no longer have. I learned the hard way too! Took all the things that werent bolted/welded in off of it B4 giving it to the dealer. Still only made $100 on about 300 worth of odds and ends.....Better than giving it away anyhow!

new (L)user

Hey guys, great site-
Names Dan
21 years old
from Connecticut
91 xlt
sas from a 79 f-150, shortened steering linkage, detroits fore and aft, 8" skyjacker coils, 6 inch procomp rear leaves, homemade shackles, rs9000's
warn 9000i, duff tubular radius arms and mounts, duff coil buckets, 37" interco boggers, homemade beadlocks, h.d. custom driveshafts,mckenzie limiting straps,homemade bumpers fore and aft, tons of expensive mailorder parts and equal amount of homemade stuff.

Ilove this stuff

Welcome Ron and Dan. Don't matter how old you are, when the "mod bug" bites it bites hard. :D

Hey Dan, I'm from Connecticut too. How far is Haddam from Middletown? And did you do all the stuff on your truck yourself?

Back