• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Western NY State

PattTheCat

Reaction score
City, State
Albion NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Just signed up as a member and wanted to say hello. And also to offer a sincere thank you to all members who provide the amazing and incredibly useful information on these forums. I have been coming to this website for a few weeks as I look for info to help prepare my old Ranger for sale and for help picking out an Explorer to buy. I've participated in a couple of forums before, Volvo and Kubota tractors sites, and I can say this is the most active and up to date forum I have ever seen. You can spend hours on the site and constantly find new and cool stuff. I have owned a 2001 Explorer Sport for 4 days now and all I can say so far is "I love it". I am already planning on the TT and AAL mods and then will look forward to picking out some new tires.

Again thank you to all who contribute the great info and especially to all who maintain this website.
Mike eeerrrr PattTheCat

This is what I put in the bio section:
I have lived in upstate NY all my life and love it here. I’ve been married to wonderful and beautiful lady for 18 years. We have two good looking and very smart kids. This is a great life; except for the fact that I have been obsessed with Ford SUVs or Trucks for the last year. After researching mid 90s Broncos for weeks last spring I pulled the trigger I gave a dealer a deposit on a 1994 Bronco from Nevada. I then took my money back when he couldn’t get the push button 4 wheel drive to work after a week. Basically I got all uptight about gas mileage. I regret not buying that Bronco. I did buy a 1994 Ranger 4x4 which kept me busy for 8 months fixing this and that. Just a few days ago I moved up to a 2001 Explorer Sport which I am going to have a few questions about for the experts on the board. I can trace my obsession with Ford SUVs back to the mid 80s when I had a Bronco II for a couple of years. A rock solid vehicle, gosh I wish I had the truck now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome is ur sport 4x2 or 4x4 and what color is it.

i also got an 01 sport but mine is a 4x2 and its harvest gold color.

here is some pics of it but they are old.

www.cardomain.com/id/sams01xplrsprt

Welcome To Explorer Forum!

Thanks for the Welcome

My 2001 Explorer Sport is teal in color. I think the official Ford color is "Island Blue". I didn't care for the color much to begin with but it's starting to grow on me. It's got the "premium sports group package" which I haven't completely figured out yet but it has the 16" wheels, sun roof and the Pioneer 290 watt stereo, which rocks. I just got back from a 110 mile trip to Buffalo in the snow, all the way in 4 wheel drive. The truck performed flawlessly.

I will post some pics after I figure out how to do that

Pics

This is a pic from the craigslist ad. Very clean truck for western NY
3727986_1.jpg

Back