Hello! I'm Jenny. I have a 2003 XLT. I need HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello! I'm Jenny. I have a 2003 XLT. I need HELP!

buchacha

Reaction score
City, State
Niles MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Is there a way to swap my 2003 back hatch for 2001. Harnesses dont match up but everything else does. Is this impossible to wire? Any piggytails or any conversion kits. HELP. I had to get 2001 hatch from scrapyard because I am financially strapped. I hope I didnt make a huge mistake. I TOLD the guy I thought they were not compatible and that I read 2002-2005 only. And since the hatch fit I didn't question anything until I got home and pulled off the part to get at the electronics. Sheesh. JB

Is there a way to swap my 2003 back hatch for 2001. Harnesses dont match up but everything else does. Is this impossible to wire? Any piggytails or any conversion kits. HELP. I had to get 2001 hatch from scrapyard because I am financially strapped. I hope I didnt make a huge mistake. I TOLD the guy I thought they were not compatible and that I read 2002-2005 only. And since the hatch fit I didn't question anything until I got home and pulled off the part to get at the electronics. Sheesh. JB
It shouldn't be impossible to wire. I'd guess it has power going to what, maybe a latch solenoid and a light or two? Hopefully someone has a wiring diagram. Heck if you can live without power locks all you have to do is get the license plate light working.

Heck if you can live without power locks all you have to do is get the license plate light working.
Human wants are limitless...human needs are few.

Back