• Register Today It's free!

Hello new guy

95GT331

Reaction score
City, State
LaGrange Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Hello- just joined the ecoboost club with a 2018 explorer sport and love it. already did livernois tune, CAI, and 3 bar MAP. hoping to learn a lot more about this vehicle. other car is a 95 GT 331 stroker that's getting a DART block and a Vortech :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95GT331, welcome to the forum. Any pics of your 95 GT?.

95GT331, welcome to the forum. Any pics of your 95 GT?.

1594233829053.png

Very nice, thanks for the pic. I am currently restomodding a 69 Coupe.
100_1605.JPG

Very nice, thanks for the pic. I am currently restomodding a 69 Coupe.
View attachment 318571
awesome project. what engine will you be using? I wanted a 67-69 when i bought the 95 but i was barely 16 and didn't have a ton of extra funds. everything i found in my price range was in pretty rough shape or nice ones were more than I could afford. plus the thought of daily driving a classic stang in chicagoland winter/snow/salt didnt sit well with me. the 95 already had 98k on it and after maybe 20k more miles it burned oil so badly it would foul plugs every other day. that's when i finally bit the bullet and did the HCI 331 stroker.

blew a head gasket a few years ago, thought that was it but decided to check bearings since i was that deep into it. good thing-one of my rods was bent to hell and took my block with it. hence that DART block going in now. and that was a 4340 forged H beam too at only 305 RWHP. still dont know how it happened. best guess is maybe gasket blew, sucked coolant in and hydro locked/bent the rod. gotta pay to play i guess.

good luck with the 69 project. keep me posted!

Hello- just joined the ecoboost club with a 2018 explorer sport and love it. already did livernois tune, CAI, and 3 bar MAP. hoping to learn a lot more about this vehicle. other car is a 95 GT 331 stroker that's getting a DART block and a Vortech :cool:

Welcome to the forum from the crew at Livernois Motorsports!

Glad to see you've joined and thank you very much for the shout out as well. Plenty of great info on here and tons of very knowledgeable and friendly members, so you have come to the right place for learning more about the Explorers. Feel free to give us a shout if there is anything that we could help you with and thank you very much for your business!

Back