My Mountaineer (warning, large pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Mountaineer (warning, large pics)

Frank 03GT

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 AWD
Well, I'm new to this site, so I'll start by introducing my truck. I have some past experience with the 2-valve, having owned 2 2003 Mustang GT's with full bolt-ons. Then came family and with it came the need for a "family" car. Well, I took one look under the hood, and I felt right at home with this truck. Then I took it for a spin and :eek: I was rather impressed. That was 2005, and she had 68K on the clock. Since then I've racked up 60K miles, and I've been bitten by the mod bug once again. I keep telling myself it's not a race car, but I know what it's capable of, and my checkbook is very afraid.

mounty_rear.jpg

intake1.jpg

pioneer.jpg

polk.jpg

thrush.jpg

trickflow.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks nice keep up good work

Hey man how much did that trick flow plenum cost you?
Did it actually give you any noticable gains?

Is that a glasspack under the truck? HAHA

-----

I've got a 04 mounty awd v8, flowmaster 40 and BFG M/T's.

Heres a clip of my mounty at Idle.
It's pretty good quality considering i had to cut it down some....

(i have some clips of me off-roading, but the exhaust ended up being muted or very low)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGxRd7nj0c

nice mounty.

I'm also interested in how much that plenum was and if there were any noticable gains.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. The plenum made a nice noticable improvement, and I would recommend it to anyone. I got it from Summit for $119.95.

My rims and tires got here today :D

I have Friday off, so I think I'll celebrate by putting them on my truck. For now, here's a pic. I got them and the center caps from americanmuscle.com.
CIMG1949.jpg

Beauty wheels. I love 5 spoke designs..

Those intake plenums are nice. I purchased 1 for my '04 Explorer but due to the fact I have the electronic throttle body it wouldn't work. I live very close to Summit Racing and Trick Flow and took my truck to Trick Flow to show them the issues. They had told me they are working on making one for later year 4.6's with the electronic throttle body and will possibly use my truck as a test vehicle. I had mentioned to them I am a member of this site and they mentioned a possible group buy. I placed a post about that and to my surprise only had 1 other person interested. Just called Trick Flow yesterday and they said to check back in about a month.

Those intake plenums are nice. I purchased 1 for my '04 Explorer but due to the fact I have the electronic throttle body it wouldn't work. I live very close to Summit Racing and Trick Flow and took my truck to Trick Flow to show them the issues. They had told me they are working on making one for later year 4.6's with the electronic throttle body and will possibly use my truck as a test vehicle. I had mentioned to them I am a member of this site and they mentioned a possible group buy. I placed a post about that and to my surprise only had 1 other person interested. Just called Trick Flow yesterday and they said to check bac in about a month.

I thought an intake plenum would cost more than $120 and that's probably why I didn't respond to your thread about 04+, but if one is about that price I think that's a pretty good deal and may be interested.

Sounds good....once I talk to them again I'll get the details and find out which ones they are offering for a group buy if they do. Once I get that info I'll put another post up with the info.

Well if i didn't just get my hours cut by 40% i'd be rushing out and buying one because i didn't realize how cheap they are... sigh, guess it'll wait untill I find a new job.

Well, I put my new rims and tires on - I'm psyched!

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1955.jpg

Me Likey!!

what size tires you rockin ????

they do look like 15's even tho they are 17'S

265/70R17 Toyo Open Country A/T's. They definitely don't look like 15's in person, but they do look it in the pictures. The tires just look really big - almost too big! Not! :D

Back