• Register Today It's free!

Hello

Joyea

Reaction score
City, State
Eugene, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
So it keeps telling me that I should introduce myself (and my rig) since I am new here. So here goes.
I'm Joyea. We live in the Pacific NW and have a 93 Explorer XLT, 4 door. We have had her for 5 years and have rarely had a problem... as a matter of fact she has outlasted 4 other cars that have come and gone since we got her (that's how she got the nickname of the Wonder Beast). We love her but sometimes she confounds my husband and I.
Recently she was down for almost a year with a bad clutch (money isues - not lack of love). Now that we have had her fixed for about a month we are having an overheating problem. So I "googled" and this was one of the first sites that popped up.
The info and suggestions have already been very helpful and I expect to be back to get more when I need it. It is nice to see others that love their Explorers even with their tempermental issues :)
So that is me and my rig in a nutshell.
Thanks
Joyea ;):exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome joyea

Dumb question have you changed the thermostat?

No not a dumb question... I actually started looking around for answers BEFORE I started fiddling with the truck. I had thought about the t-stat but have found a couple of other things on here that I think I will check/change also. (Rad cap, check hoses, etc.) I actually was so upset about not being able to drive my Exp again, so soon after getting it running again, that I was in a bit of "oh you are freakin' kidding me" shock.
Thanks for the suggestion it is now absolutly on the list for checking tomorrow.

Replacing the Rad cap & T-stat. Checking the Fan, Clutch Fan & hoses (replacing if necessary). Hoping it is not the Radiator but that will be next if these don't work. I will let you know if this fixes it. Thanks for all the suggestions and the great info in the threads.

Back