Help - 94 Explorer EEC Fuses keep blowing - Tried most options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help - 94 Explorer EEC Fuses keep blowing - Tried most options

xSnoWx

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
94 Explorer was picked up, died on the way home, got it towed home and found that the EEC Fuse was blown-replaced it, ran good for about 4 months, blew the EEC fuse again after the 4 months-replaced fuse-blew it instantly, kept blowing fuses, searched the threads-tried unplugging the trans harness (3wire) no change, removed all relays from the fuse box-kept blowing.
So unplugged the wiring in the frame rail (For the pump?) stopped blowing fuses when cranking over, so replaced the fuel pump last weekend, started right up, ran good for 4days, then was driving back, stopped running-checked it-blown EEC fuse again, got it home, searched the thread some more, replaced Fuel pump relay and EEC Relay, replaced fuse again-still blowing fuses, anyone have any idea where to look to next ... is driving me crazy. The only next thing I was going to move onto would be fuel pump harness in frame rail?? ANY Help would be appreciated :)

The EEC relay doesn't really protect the fuel pump circuit -- the fuel pump circuit has its own fuse.

If you've removed the EEC relay and it still blew the fuse, that suggests to me that the short to ground is in between the fuse and the relay. I'd get a wiring diagram and see just how much there is between the fuse and the relay (if memory serves, there isn't much, and it might all be inside/underneath the power distribution box) -- then focus on that part of the circuit.

EEC Relay was the only one left in the system, fuel pump relay was removed still popped the fuse ... will try pulling the fuse box I guess

Update: Harness rubbed through on EGR Tube, repaired one damaged wire and resecured out of the way-starts up fine :)

Back