Help, easy exit stuck on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help, easy exit stuck on

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
I Cant have it stay on, the easy exit, moves seat for me, because i have back issues, have to have it set to off

It is set to off, was off for a few weeks since i got car, all of a sudden seat is moving when i start or stop car, button is set to off and button CANNOT be set to on, i figured I would move it to on, then back to off to see if that would correct it but it is stuck and NO other button is, of course... so I assume i have to take to dealer...

Gigantic inconvenience, 30 miles away, have to get rides both ways

crap

I Cant have it stay on, the easy exit, moves seat for me, because i have back issues, have to have it set to off

It is set to off, was off for a few weeks since i got car, all of a sudden seat is moving when i start or stop car, button is set to off and button CANNOT be set to on, i figured I would move it to on, then back to off to see if that would correct it but it is stuck and NO other button is, of course... so I assume i have to take to dealer...

crap
Perhaps you may not have to leave it at the dealership and can wait for it. That is one reason I decided to take the Lease Care option. Too many electronic things to go wrong. Like the Active Park Assist malfunction message I got on mine today. If they have to keep it when I take it in on Thursday, then I will get a loaner. My dealer is about 30 minutes away.

crap
I know you shouldn't have to - but you might first try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two, reconnecting, and see if that makes any difference in how it works, or the ability to change it.

It might reset the system.

If that doesn't work, isn't there a selection to return all to factory defaults? I'd try that next.

Sounds like something in the software is confused.

I know you shouldn't have to - but you might first try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two, reconnecting, and see if that makes any difference in how it works, or the ability to change it.

It might reset the system.

If that doesn't work, isn't there a selection to return all to factory defaults? I'd try that next.

Sounds like something in the software is confused.

good idea, thanks, corrected itself already but this will be an ongoing issue

Back