Easy Entry/Exit Error | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy Entry/Exit Error

pingbling23

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 4x4
My wife and I have been enjoying our new to us 2012 Limited for the past month. My wife (her vehicle) just informed me over the past couple of days, the easy entry/exit feature has been moving the seat when she enters or leaves the vehicle. The setting is turned off and has been since we took delivery of the vehicle. When I go to the settings, it shows the feature is turned off and it will not let me select on (I was going to cycle it from off to on and back to off to see if it would fix the problem). Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Un plug battery it should rest...!

My wife and I have been enjoying our new to us 2012 Limited for the past month. My wife (her vehicle) just informed me over the past couple of days, the easy entry/exit feature has been moving the seat when she enters or leaves the vehicle. The setting is turned off and has been since we took delivery of the vehicle. When I go to the settings, it shows the feature is turned off and it will not let me select on (I was going to cycle it from off to on and back to off to see if it would fix the problem). Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Hi pingbling23,

Have you brought this to the attention of your Ford dealer? The next time you take in your Explorer for an oil change or other scheduled maintenance appointment, mention your concern with easy entry and they'll be happy to take a look!

Let us know how things go at the dealership.

Crystal

thanks for the response newport. i was kind of wanting to use that as a last resort as im sure it will delete all of the settings we have made on the car. does it delete the seat position settings and garage door memory? thank you crystal for the response, i do my own oil changes/basic maintenance but if the battery disconect doesnt work, ill swing it by the dealer.

Well, my wife just got into her vehicle leaving work and the easy entry/exit did not activate and she is now able to toggle between on and off. we will keep an eye on it. theres so many electronics on cars today, i guess this stuff happens.

thanks for the response newport. i was kind of wanting to use that as a last resort as im sure it will delete all of the settings we have made on the car. does it delete the seat position settings and garage door memory? thank you crystal for the response, i do my own oil changes/basic maintenance but if the battery disconect doesnt work, ill swing it by the dealer.
I see in another post that all is good again with the seat. A battery disconnect should be used as a last resort and only one cable should be disconnected but I don't recall which one. I think it is the ground cable. It was in a post I read a while back. I don't know if it affects the items you mentioned but the vehicle will have to relearn the idle and trim positions as well as the transmission shift points.

Peter

Only the positive cable needs to be removed and you dont loose any preset.

Only the positive cable needs to be removed and you dont loose any preset.
That figures. I had a 50/50 chance of guessing right, and I was wrong. The story of my life. That is why I don't buy lottery tickets, or work in bomb disposal. :D

Peter

Sounds good, pingbling23! Keep me posted!

Crystal

Seems I have the opposite problem. Before the truck was in the shop for weeks for the backup camera I have the easy enter/exit off. My wife would like it back on so I figured it would be easy to go into tht menu and turn it on, only problem, it is already on but doesn't work. With either key.

Is this another item I have to get the dealer to fix? The NAV system is now completely worthless also loosing its place in space every time we drive.

Getting fed up with the issues with the truck.....

I think a negative battery cable disconnect for 5 - 10 minutes may be in order.
Don't know what else I'd try.

Peter

Back