HELP! HID bulb wont fit into Projector!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! HID bulb wont fit into Projector!!

I have the 95-01 Black projector housings, with the halos and LEDs (Shown in my avatar)

I got my H1 HIDs today, and get home, and the bulb wont go into the socket! The glass is like too big or something, can someone help me out??

Am I supposed to take something outta the projector to get it to fit or what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im still staring at it stumped, but I had an idea, theres plenty of length longwise, but its just the actual opening. Its the right bulb, but the metal piece the bulb goes through doesnt have a large diameter, so should I maybe drill it out a tad bit?

I had slight difficulty also, put it in 'just right' try not to scratch the bulb though... it'll go in though... just be careful...

I tried every way and angle possible, the bulbs diameter was noticeably larger than the "rectangular" hole for the bulb, I just drilled it out a tad and its in now haha, now im trying to find a stupid metal piece that fell on the floor, thanks though for your input!

I hope it didn't affect anything in a negative way, post pictures once your done for sure though!

It's the way the HID bulb is compared to the normal H1... it fits just right into a metal thing inside of the projector... my bulb has very few scuff marks on it from being slide into the metal thing. No problems though.

Yea the HID was a larger diameter by a smidge, compared to the stock H1 bulb. Ill be posting plenty of pics in my Registry as soon as theyre done uploading, so check there soon

Back