HELP MISFIRE 2 new coils same errors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP MISFIRE 2 new coils same errors

meaton03

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Lawn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
Hey Explorers...The short issue I have is P351,352,353 Errors now since I changed the coil pack, bought a 2nd coil pack now, and the same errors. Any ideas?
4.0L SOHC

Longer Version
- Muffler Blew out, wnt to get it replaced, was told there was a misfire and that is the reason for the blowout. I came home changed the plugs and wires, started it it ran better but still a misfire. NO CEL though. No Codes on the reader at the time, either stored or pending. Mechanic friend (without looking at the truck) suggested the coil pack. I got the new coil pack, got it installed. All of a sudden I got the codes. take it off, check to make sure the wires and grounds are on, and they were. Get another coil pack, figuring it was a bad one, put it on clear the codes, start the car and it is now running even worse than the first coil pack. Immediately got the code for 351,352,353 AGAIN.

WHAT IN THE HECK am I doing wrong? New coil pack, new wires, new plugs, but still getting these misfires.

So any ideas to find the issue for the misfire and the new issue for the codes? HELP!!!

Hey Explorers...The short issue I have is P351,352,353 Errors now since I changed the coil pack, bought a 2nd coil pack now, and the same errors. Any ideas?
4.0L SOHC

Longer Version
- Muffler Blew out, wnt to get it replaced, was told there was a misfire and that is the reason for the blowout. I came home changed the plugs and wires, started it it ran better but still a misfire. NO CEL though. No Codes on the reader at the time, either stored or pending. Mechanic friend (without looking at the truck) suggested the coil pack. I got the new coil pack, got it installed. All of a sudden I got the codes. take it off, check to make sure the wires and grounds are on, and they were. Get another coil pack, figuring it was a bad one, put it on clear the codes, start the car and it is now running even worse than the first coil pack. Immediately got the code for 351,352,353 AGAIN.

WHAT IN THE HECK am I doing wrong? New coil pack, new wires, new plugs, but still getting these misfires.

So any ideas to find the issue for the misfire and the new issue for the codes? HELP!!!
Check the spark plug wires origination. At the coil and the engine.

Back