HELP! New TPMS training on 2016 Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! New TPMS training on 2016 Explorer

Sure but look at this way, I don't need winter tires , we spend the winter in Florida :)

It's important to note that not all models are the same, not even each model year. As previous identified up until 16' the explorer TPMS system did not read individual tire pressures. This will be the last time I say that I physically just dealt with a similar issue. It's not an assumption or impression. The dealer could very likely be doing it, it takes all of a minute and no-one would be the wiser sitting in the waiting area.
If it wasn't a waste of my time Id go throw my winter wheels on to show you that they are not automatically recognized. (on this particular model and year)

Actually Pre-2016 can read individual tire pressures. The instrument cluster just doesn't display them. They can be read in Forscan and in Torque Pro. If you want to read them that way you will need to keep their positions updated. On my 2014 Sport with Push Button Start I have to use the brake and ignition method that was in the first couple posts, and either use the relearn tool or the air release method.

Back