Help Please - Car Won't Start when it's... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help Please - Car Won't Start when it's...

Arsenil

Reaction score
City, State
Monte-Carlo
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited 97 4.0l 4WD
Hello everybody,

thanks for reading my post. I recently had some trouble with the truck. I mean like 3 month maybe a lil bit more. So i got an 97 4.0l SOHC 4X4 All the time...
And Everything for engine, exausht and CIE are from Ford... So no custom engine or else.

So today i went to a place 3 hour from home, and it was kind of cold for my wife... I mean my real wife, and it seems that the truck had the same feeling. So i parked my Explorer outside, went for shoping the whole day 6 hours.

Came back and triyed to start the truck :

- Won't start without Pushing the gas
- If i tooked of my foot from the gas pedal, shuting down....
- and back again to the begining Pushing pedal gas then starting... Everytimes i was stoping because of those damn stop, i had to start again and again...

Also i had a small ticking noise before going to this mall ( It's was they're a whyl ago ). Came back HOME AND LOUD TICKING NOISE... ( louder when rpm go up and dow, noisy in park and reverse

Tomorow checking :

Sparks plugs
exaust manifold
egr system if i can...

Help me please, i don't want to get the truck to someone, and pay thousand 1 time, and start again, and thousand again... I can do it on my own, but only if i knew where it's coming from. if i have no idea, i think for a rebuilt engine...

I'm not experienced with theSOHC engine, but what I have read,sounds like timing chain noise. The refusing to idle part, sounds like IAC valve.

iac valve take it out and clean it that will fix your idle problem

Back