Help. Round plug into a square hole. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help. Round plug into a square hole.

digdug002000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi. Just had the engine on my 1993 Explorer swapped. Donor engine came from a 1991. Problem is it has a round plug that needs to go into a square plug-in. Currently unplugged. Think this is why my coolant temp gauge and oil pressure gauge not working. And I would like them too.

Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Swap the sensors from old motor.....

But 91&93 should have all the same sensors..you sure your trying to plug them into the right thing?? Especially the oil pressure one..I know they are all the same and pretty sure the water temp is also. .

Okay Mc Cribb. The engine is already in. Is there any or an easy way to swap the engine harness now? Thanks.

You can swap the harness without pulling the engine or intake/plenum (I think the air tube came off) At least I can't remember having to do that..

All the wires run "around" things and any places they run through they are going to a sensor so once disconnected they can be pulled backwards...

It is still a pain but doable...

~Mark

Back