Help - stock airbox + bodylift issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help - stock airbox + bodylift issues

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Did a body lift last summer and had a cone filter on, obviously no problems. Now, however, I'm attempting to build a snorkel and put the stock airbox back in and realized I really cannot get it to meet and connect with the intake where the 4 screws bolt the two together. Do you need an adapter for the stock airbox after a body lift? Help appreciated, in the middle of the snorkel build with no fender on and want(ed) to finish up tonight...

Thanks.

round or square airfilter?

mine never caused a problem with the body lift.....i have the round filter......it is a little tough to atach the twp halves sometimes, but a little elbow grease always makes it work...

Square. Trust me, I elbow greased the living balls out of it. I was actually crouched underneath the hood with all my weight on one knee on top of the airbox to press it down (must have been quite the scene...) and it was just shy about a half inch from meeting and letting me get the screw in. I was actually able to get the bottom two screws partially in from muscling it, but the top ones were not gonna go.

BTW, was following your thread on the snorkel build. :thumbsup:

Back