Help! Where is my new 2011 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! Where is my new 2011 explorer?

dzitlow

Reaction score
City, State
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT V6 4WD
I ordered a new 2011 Explorer XLT 4wd V6 back on August 7, 2010. Scheduled production date was 01/24! on 01/27 the status was 'BUCKED'.
Estimated date of arrival at dealer was 01/31. DEALER HAS NO IDEA WHERE THIS VEHICLE IS NOR WHEN IT WILL ARRRIVE. IS THERE ANY RATIONAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS?:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a new 2011 Explorer XLT 4wd V6 back on August 7, 2010. Scheduled production date was 01/24! on 01/27 the status was 'BUCKED'.
Estimated date of arrival at dealer was 01/31. DEALER HAS NO IDEA WHERE THIS VEHICLE IS NOR WHEN IT WILL ARRRIVE. IS THERE ANY RATIONAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS?:mad:

Wow, I thought I was anxious. I would heavily lean on your dealer to find out what's happening, that's just unacceptable in my opinion!

Do you have a VIN yet? We have a Ford rep resident here that might be able to help. Send a PM to FordCustSrvc.

VIN Number

do you have a vin yet? We have a ford rep resident here that might be able to help. Send a pm to fordcustsrvc.

1fmhk8d80bga17740

Here is your window sticker for the vehicle:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1fmhk8d80bga17740

Looks like it into production on 01/27 I would send a PM with the Vehicle ID # to Seni at fordcustsrvc and see where the vehicle is located.
I believe the 1/27 indicated it came off the assembly line on Jan. 27th. Seni advised me that mine would come off the line Feb. 24 and it shows 120110224.... on the bottom right of the window sticker.

Wow, I thought I had it bad waiting until September. I think it's safe to assume it has been built and if I was a betting man, would say it got held up for the 60/40 bench seat recline lever recall BUT it shouldn't have taken that long to fix. Definitely check with Seni or Cory on here (Ford customer service reps).

uh oh! have you still not received it? i cant wait 6 months for a new car. I was told 6-8 weeks. And that was almost too long. Were you told the same?

This one seems to be one of several on the various boards that should have been built by now but must be being held for shipping for some reason. Wonder what is going on...

I have a relative who is chomping at the bit to buy an Explorer, but he wants to see a broader selection at the dealerships - he won't order. Ford may lose a sale because they can't seem to produce fast enough.

My dealer seems to think mine will be here by the 28th but it has not shipped yet as far as he can tell so that makes it highly unlikey that it will get here on time. Seni I sent you a PM yesterday just before I saw you come on here and answer a few questions. id you get a chance to see my message by chance?

Ford may lose a sale because they can't seem to produce fast enough.

Wouldn't be the first time. This has been happening since December based on a few other comments and doing the easy math.

Back