HELP! Wiring harness for indash DVD player. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! Wiring harness for indash DVD player.

mercer21

Reaction score
City, State
NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 EXPLORER LIMITED
Hey i need to know why a wiring harness i got from walmart is wrong and plugs dont fit when it says on the package it is for 2002-2003 4 door explorers, i own a 2002 ford explorer limited, it has the cd 6 stereo in it and when i went to replace with a indash system i got the wiring harness from walmart and it wouldnt fit, does any body know why it was wrong even thou it said it was for my s.u.v, can anyone let me know if there is one that either canadian tire,walmart, or future shop carys that will fit my 2002 ex cause someone answer this question but it was for buying it online and i kinda need the harness right now i have my dash layed in the back seat cause i need to get this indash system in so if any one knows what harness i need please let me know and any info. You can give will be great..also does anyone know if i will need a filler kit, will there be a gap? The dvd player is a eonon 1012 double din deck, and i noticed that the bolts that came with it are ment to go on the sides of the deck but in the explorer it has to be bolted in from the bottom how can i solve this problem as well so the deck dont be sliding around every where, i hope someone can possiblly give me part numbers for this stuff that can be picked up at one of the stores i listed earleyer so i can get this installed asap. Thanks

***the last guy who tryed to answer this gave me an answer for the car i have listed nect to my name which is a 2004, but the question is for a 2002 ex limited, i own 2 so i need to know all of this for the 2002 not the 2004 so hopefully someone will have the answers for me****

Back