need help to find correct wiring harness for in dash deck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help to find correct wiring harness for in dash deck

mercer21

Reaction score
City, State
NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 EXPLORER LIMITED
hey i got a in dash dvd unit and i went to walmart to buy the wiring harness the ones that plug right into your stock stereo wiring and then you just connest the wires but my issue is i got the correct harness for my explorer it was the harness for 2002-2003 ford explorer 4 dr and it is the wrong one ends that are suspose to plug in to each other are the wrong size, does any body know what the heck is up with that and where to get the correct 1 and why that the correct wiring harness acordding to the back of the package where it lists what its cars and trucks its made for why it is a lie, please help me i dont know where to go from here the dude at walmart couldnt belive it...and there isnt another harness that is even close looking to it that i could see from there, my explorer is a 2002 limited 4 door and the deck is a cd 6...and if anyone can tell me that they got one and what the name of it is and part number that would be greattttttt cause right now my dash is laying in my house and im completely stumpped

in '04 there are actually two harness, you can tell which ones by the color of the plug in the back of the radio, basic was usually black, Audiophile w/sub was gray.
'World Plugs' are Black and you can find them if you look for before -'03
'Phase II' are Gray and are more common from '05 and after.
check out installer . com, i've bought some from them before.
Metra - 70-1771 is for World plugs
Metra - 70-5520 is phase II

Back