Wanted Help with doubler

Parts or services wanted

dblake79

Reaction score
City, State
Florissant Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport SAS :)
Ok so I ordered a doubler from Duffy @ D.D. Machine for my SAS Explorer Project. I talked to him on the phone for over a hour and what I needed. It was delivered to the Fab Shop, got a photo of it and it's just a kit NOT a doubler ready to install... I got a hold of him once after this and now he will not return my phone calls or emails. So at this point the Fab Shop and the guy helping with the transfer case on the project do not know what to do with it... So I have a kit no instructions on making one, and a week or so away from making drive lines.

I NEED SOME HELP!!! I do not want to move forward with out the doubler installed, but I don't have a way for changing this right now :mad: I can't hold off forever waiting for him to respond, and I need my Explorer back!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, don't know why you thought it was a complete and functional case, every reference to his stuff I've seen makes it clear it's a kit...
From everything I hear, it's a great product, why not just get a second stock tcase and use the kit?

I didn't look up the "Kit" I was told he made them and tracked down his number from his Ebay store and called him, talking with him I asked for a doubler not a kit, and he never said oh you need to buy another case and make one? The problem I have is I have not made one and the shop doing the work has not made one. so they are looking at parts and asking what they are supposed to do with them? When I got a hold of him after I got the kit he told me he would fix it and call me back that day, its been 3 weeks and they are ready to start drive lines? So I either need some one who can make one with the kit or get it from him?? I too think its a good product and am looking forward to it more then anyone, it is the one part on the truck that I want more then the solid axle!!

Any help would be great. And thanks for the response RockRanger... hoping this will be done with to meet up with you guys in truck heaven at the end of the month... its been a few years from the last time I went out there with any of you guys!!

Haha Sorry thought is was RockRanger.... hehe, RangerX :) you used to be over on FireMountain I remember....

For starters, I would look in RockRanger's build thread, he has a D+D and put it together himself. Maybe there's some helpful info... :dunno:
Did the kit come with directions?

No, no instructions or anything just two plates and the shaft....
Thanks for the heads up will look at RockRangers build..

Thank you guys for your help...

I sent some of the links to the fab shop... at least I know were to cut the case now, Thanks again and I hope this thing works out in a daily driver....

I see there's 4 or 5 guys on this board that run it as well.

Back