• Register Today It's free!

Hey Everyone!

JKooL

Reaction score
City, State
Reading, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
Just joined here & wanted to say "HI" I had a 1991 Ranger since new & the trans died (along with some other problems) So I bought a used 1997 Explorer!

This is what I bought!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I just got it yesterday & so far I like it. It needs an inspection so I am hoping everything is mechanically sound. It has low milage & is is very good shape.

The only thing which troubles me is when I brake.

After it almost comes to a stop I hear an electric motor kick in & the brake pedal tightens up until the motor stops & then the brake becomes soft again.

I asked the guy when I bought it & he said it was the ABS system but my mechanic says no. Inspection is next week, he is going to look at it then.

It brakes fine but it does the above.

I guess I should post this in the other area instead of her too.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks all & I enjoyed reading all the info!

Especially about the keyless entry. Now I need to figure out how to read the sticker since there is NO space between it & the panel! ; )

See ya around!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good price for a v8 with those miles, looks good

Thanks!

I just hope it is mechanicaly sound. That brake issue does have me a bit worried too.:(

welcome

Thanks!

Everyone is really nice here!

Glad I found it!:D

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Back