• Register Today It's free!

Hi all

Ray McKinnon

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
I'm new to this site and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Ray or you can call me MAD DOG, I'll answer to either one. I'm a fly fishing fool with a 4x4 problem. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in here I am going to find the help I need to solve my problem, which is starting to look major right now. The weather people are calling for up to 2ft. of new snow in the Cascade mountains this weekend, my ski's are waxed my gear is ready and my four wheel drive isn't working, which is sucking. I, not sure exactly what the problem is. I have a 94 Explorer Sport with a 5 speed manual tranny and no power to the 4x4 controls on the dash. I have replaced the switch panel three time whit units from a local junkyard, with no luck. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.:(

Peace Out,
Ray

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi and welcome to the forum Ray. Check out the 4x4 troubleshooting link at the top of the Stock 91-94 forum. Most likely you have an issue with the electric shift motor. It's an easy one to fix yourself.

Here's the link for you http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=99

Thanks for the input

Welcome to this forum! Check the sticky threads on the top of the transmission section for more information.

Thanks for the input BrooklynBay. This will be my next stop.:thumbsup:
Ray

welcome ray

Back