Hit a bump and HIDs(coolbulbs) went out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hit a bump and HIDs(coolbulbs) went out

croll326

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
On the interstate doing 75 mph, hit a bump and boom. Lights out. Turned off then on and they worked but man that's not safe. I have a harness installed too. Looking for other options. Not a fan of coolbulbs anymore. Too many issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the interstate doing 75 mph, hit a bump and boom. Lights out. Turned off then on and they worked but man that's not safe. I have a harness installed too. Looking for other options. Not a fan of coolbulbs anymore. Too many issues.

I had flickering issue with them when first installed..now not anymore...all connections 100% tight? I would contact them

Diode Dynamics......hit lots of bumps never gone out.

Many here besides me very happy with their products.

Excellent Customer Support

With my plug and play (another vendor) done well over 60 miles on rough off road/logging roads/trails etc.... zero issues. check your connections.

Diode Dynamics......hit lots of bumps never gone out.

Many here besides me very happy with their products.

Excellent Customer Support

I second this opinion.:thumbsup:

I have had them for over 2 years. Not a problem. I agree,,, you have some bad connections more than likely.

DDM tuning going on for 4 months.
not a single problem. they are nice and bright and have yet to let me down!
did i mention its also half the price compare to others?

ive had them last year in my infiniti and they lasted me 10 months before i went and ahead and traded that car for my 15' XSport.

In auto manufacturing we have a thing called installer principle. You first look at the installation of the part as the installer or process being the first suspect. After you prove it wasn't the installer or process then you can blame the part.

Well after replacing defective components once, then having to install a wire harness I can say things are tight. I used electrical tape after they clicked together. Thanks.

Checked all connections. Taped them. Zip tied them. Lights still come and go. These are going in the trash for some HIR1's for now until I can get something else. Not risking the safety of my family with this crap set up.

Constant issues. Threw these in the trash last night.

Back