Hitch (Receiver)

CAC91

Reaction score
City, State
Morrison, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what type of hitch you would recommend. I have a '91, so I really don't care what you guys with the '95 and up Explorers have. I have looked into Draw-Tite, Reese, and Hidden Hitch, but their websites are lacking. I would like to hear what has worked for you guys and what would be a good receiver for the back of my '91. Also, I would really appreciate any pictuces or links to pictures of the hitch mounted on your Explorer. Thanks in advance.

(Don't forget to vote for the Ranger to go to TTC! It's #57 of the 72 to pick from)

I looked at a few hitches before doing something with mine. I looked at a U-Haul, Valley and Hidden Hitch. I decided to make my own since I was not really satisfied with any I saw. The one I made looks really good and is built solid. I will try to find a pic for you of mine. Also, when you do find one, make sure it is a class 4 or 5 (I can't remember) to get the best capacity of the hitch.

i have a 1994 (same body style as yours) and i got a valley hitch from pepboys. it is a square tube and i like it. it is the solid black bar with no little brackets on it for plugs. as my car was already wired from ford for a trailer. when i installed it i also took of the factory step in the bumper and i think it looks sweet. i think it really comes down to how you like the looks as i know that a round tube one is available too.

Back