Hold on Explorers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hold on Explorers

The design of the 11 Ex appears to have flowed from one main guiding principle -- how do we make a SUV/CUV that has virtually no chance of rolling over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was at the dealership today getting parts for my 94 and getting my free tire rotation. I askd a sales person why the X's are halted and he said it had something to do with a buzz noise in the steering colume assembly. Not sure if it was true but figured id post it anyway.

I was at the dealership today getting parts for my 94 and getting my free tire rotation. I askd a sales person why the X's are halted and he said it had something to do with a buzz noise in the steering colume assembly. Not sure if it was true but figured id post it anyway.

I try to take whatever I hear from sales people with a grain of salt. My salesman is probably as excited to get me mine as I am to get it (my 08 fills an inventory gap and I think they want it now while there is snow). He says he heard of no holds.

FWIW my salesman said he's seen nothing on their system about production holds.

He was of course tyring to make a sale, so if the factory was on fire he wouldnt tell the truth.

FWIW my salesman said he's seen nothing on their system about production holds.

He was of course tyring to make a sale, so if the factory was on fire he wouldnt tell the truth.

No kiddin!!!

Salesman.... Truth....

U ever see these go together before?? Definitely not peas and carrots...

Just heard from my sales guy that this afternoon the explorers on hold were "re-released"

... take it with a grain of salt, but it is better than the "definitely still on hold and no idea when it will ship" answer I had been getting.

Mine was built 2/15. Held for quality checks. Then re released to shipping on 2/27. ETA 3/4 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Back