Home made stealth boxes

Fish Man

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Hey everyone. I just took apart the back of my truck to get to my stealth box and it got me wondering who has made home made stealth boxes. i thought i was the first and V8 Boat builder was right behind me but looking through the gallery i saw some others. post pics, im intersted in seeing them!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres mine!
exbox.jpg

hopefully i will get some installed/completed pics soon. i finally got the parts finished up to clean it up right :D hehe soo stealthy sitting behind a stock cover :p

You have specs (dimensions) for that box? That is awesome!

People would pay for plans (blueprint) if you made one.

I paid $200 for a q-logic box just because I didnt want to spend 2 days trying to figure it out. I would have paid $20 for drawings with specs...

What is the air space in that puppy? Max depth?

Great choice in subz too!

nope, no specs but i could get some if youd like! yeah, the only reason i made my own is cause i didnt want to pay the $200 to buy one :p well that and i like that kinda stuff. the air supply is somewhere below .75 cu ft I believe. didnt do too much calculating though cause that sub likes anything under 1 cu ft so i calculated once and figured it was good. max depth is tiny...something like 8" for the whole box. i will measure for you since ive got it all taken apart. yeah i like the sub. i really didnt know anything about them but DarkFox reccomended them and im sold!

btw, woo! 700 posts ;)

With a little modification I was able to get an E10O in my box. SOunds awesome.

I said it before and I'll say it again, nice work on that box Fish Man!

thanks dave. i promise that this isnt another plug to show off my box ;) i did really want to see some other peoples stuff.

i have built one as well- i don't have any pics right now and mine is only for an 8" so its not really all that impressive. Mine is 0.45 cubic feet! woohoo- oh yeah- don't ask me why i built it- i don't remember right now

maybe someone else wants it...

actually- this thread just prompted me to have this crazy epiphany!!! i just solved a problem that has been plaguing me for the last month because of you and this thread- i love you all

fishman, dumb q, but thats a 10" right?

also, to whom it may concern...i HAD one 12" but i blew it and got the q-logic box with a cheapo RF 10", and i am missing some major bumps that i had with my 12" (pioneer mid level). anyone got a suggestion? its getting something like 150rms, 600 max

lol @expo. let us know how whatever it is you are epifinasing (yes i made that up) over turns out!

udmsvt- yeah, its an image dynamics 10" getting 300w. i think its rated at 250rms 450 max. something like that. image dynamics is more about sq than spl but they are supposed to be a good choice for in between. i like it alot.

well just figured out how to get some "up front bass" in my truck without having to make giant fiberglass door inserts for 8"ers and that makes me happy and less tired of sanding

Originally posted by expo5.0
well just figured out how to get some "up front bass" in my truck without having to make giant fiberglass door inserts for 8"ers and that makes me happy and less tired of sanding

and your solution was......?

Back